Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Movie Blog


From the my movie assignment, I learned that a story could be told by using photographs as well as a few words to tell a story. This assignment made me aware that I could add sound as well as I was telling a story. I learned that a movie does not have to be an hour or two long to tell a story or have meaning. It could be two to three minutes where a single picture can tell a story.

            One problem I encountered was trying to find a way to time my pictures just right so that the right words would appear above the right picture. The resolution to the problem was stretching out the length of time that the pictures were supposed to actually appear.

            I can integrate this knowledge into future teaching by having the students to make a movie so that I could become more familiar with something that is important to them, get to know them as a person as well as their likes and dislikes. This would be a different way of expressing themselves and finding out more about to students and their background.

            The NETS-T standard that would best fit this assignment would be model digital-age work and learning. This standard involves communicating relevant information and ideas using a digital format. This assignment involved using multimedia and pictures to organize a movie to tell a story that was relevant and important to the student. This standard involves showing how to use technology in a way that also promotes learning.

To see the movie I created with pictures, click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwFsYBdycqI



No comments:

Post a Comment