Sunday, March 31, 2013

Web Tools Blog


           From the web tools assignment, I learned how to create a rubric, wordle, story, and track. I did not know it was so simple to make a rubric and that there were websites that could actually guide you to make your own rubric. I found that be very interesting. I found the wordle, story, and track to be interesting as well because I did not know these things could be created. I learned that were tools that I could access online that would benefit me in the future.
            One problem that I encountered was with the story. I started my story in the classroom, but when I got home to complete my story, I found that it did not save and that I had to start over completely. Lucky enough, I wrote the story down before I started so I was able to retrieve the information and complete my assignment before its due date.
            One way I could integrate web tools in future teaching by creating a checklist so that the students could use to check off the required components of each assignment before it is time to turn it in to make sure they have all that is required. I would use the other tools as well to differentiate instruction so that each student learning style is met.
            Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity is the NETS-T standard that best fit this assignment. This standard focuses on creativity and exploring real world issues while using a digital tool. This standard requires students to think and plan out information and then present it in a that uses technology. The assignment required one to use the computer and online web tools to create a rubric, wordle, track, and story. The assignment required one to be creative, think, and plan out what it was that they wanted to do and say but also created an environment where they were actually learning as well.

To see the rubric I created, click here.
To see the wordle I created, click here.
To see the story I created, click here.
To see the track I created, click here.

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment